[SOLVED] Windows10 won't boot even though its downloaded

Apr 1, 2022
I have windows 10 downloaded on my m.2 SSD in a computer I just built, I have already opened windows installed drivers and done all kinds of things inside windows, However the only way I can access it is by going into the BIOS and override booting that drive. I have (windows boot manager Samsung 980 SSD) as my number one boot priority and is the one with windows downloaded but again it never boots to it, instead I get a screen that shows devices detected on my MOBO and really only gives me the option to (press F1 for setup) which of course brings me to the BIOS. Please help

Solution
However the only way I can access it is by going into the BIOS and override booting that drive. I have (windows boot manager Samsung 980 SSD) as my number one boot priority and is the one with windows downloaded but again it never boots to it,
The boot drive and the drive windows are on are not forced to be the same drive, in fact they are separated on purpose.
If you installed windows on the m.2 while having other drives connected then windows installed the boot files on whatever drive is first in the bios drive list, if it already was a booting drive it just added an option to its boot menu.

You can add the proper boot files to the m.2 using the free version of easybcd but you should read a few guides on how to do that (write...
I have windows 10 downloaded on my m.2 SSD in a computer I just built, I have already opened windows installed drivers and done all kinds of things inside windows, However the only way I can access it is by going into the BIOS and override booting that drive. I have (windows boot manager Samsung 980 SSD) as my number one boot priority and is the one with windows downloaded but again it never boots to it, instead I get a screen that shows devices detected on my MOBO and really only gives me the option to (press F1 for setup) which of course brings me to the BIOS. Please help
What do you mean you "downloaded" windows onto your m.2 ssd? You would either have to clone a previous drive that you had windows installed on or would have to freshly install windows. So it would help if you explained what this "downloaded" was. Start at the beginning and tell us precisely what you did.

However the only way I can access it is by going into the BIOS and override booting that drive. I have (windows boot manager Samsung 980 SSD) as my number one boot priority and is the one with windows downloaded but again it never boots to it,
The boot drive and the drive windows are on are not forced to be the same drive, in fact they are separated on purpose.
If you installed windows on the m.2 while having other drives connected then windows installed the boot files on whatever drive is first in the bios drive list, if it already was a booting drive it just added an option to its boot menu.

You can add the proper boot files to the m.2 using the free version of easybcd but you should read a few guides on how to do that (write mbr and deploy bcd) correctly because you can do some serious damage with that tool.

Solution
Apr 1, 2022
What do you mean you "downloaded" windows onto your m.2 ssd? You would either have to clone a previous drive that you had windows installed on or would have to freshly install windows. So it would help if you explained what this "downloaded" was. Start at the beginning and tell us precisely what you did.
By download I ment install, sorry went full retard. But I did a windows 10 install how I have seen a billion walkthroughs do it, install the windows boot install onto a USB, Had said USB plugged in on first time of turning my PC on, then Put that USB in the first priority option so my PC would boot up into it so then I could install windows 10 onto my M.2 SSD (I purposely kept only one installed on my MOBO because I know multiple drives can mess with it), After setting the USB to priority one and resetting, I ran into this problem for the first time, it didn't boot up the windows install through the USB it went exactly to the screen I mentioned above, The screen shows "American Megatrends" and again lists some of my components like my CPU and MOBO and what devices it sees IE my M.2 SSD and the USB and prompts me to press F1 to enter setup. Just like how I have to boot override my M.2 SSD in order to start windows, I had to boot override the USB in order to start the install and setup process for windows, so the common occurence is no matter what is in the boot priority one position and even with those options having windows on them, my PC no matter what boots to that "american Megatrends" screen first and forces me into the BIOS

Apr 1, 2022

You can add the proper boot files to the m.2 using the free version of easybcd but you should read a few guides on how to do that (write mbr and deploy bcd) correctly because you can do some serious damage with that tool.
I was aware of the multiple drives problem so I took out any other drives before I started so that I only had the one it could install everything too so IM not really sure what the issue is, I have watched countless of videos with similar issues on their solutions seem to mention what you said and I see it work for them but my problem seems to be something different.

I was aware of the multiple drives problem so I took out any other drives before I started so that I only had the one it could install everything too so IM not really sure what the issue is, I have watched countless of videos with similar issues on their solutions seem to mention what you said and I see it work for them but my problem seems to be something different.
Can you show a pic of where in bios you have the m.2 as the first boot device?
If you put a usb stick in your system and press the printscreen button it will take a screenshot that you can then upload.

I hope I did that right, But there is pictures of the initial screen im getting, and all tabs of the boot screen in BIOS, sorry I had to do it on my phone
CPU fan error.
You do not have cpu fan connected.

That's why boot process gets interrupted.

sl9Aw0c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dwd999
Apr 1, 2022
You have to connect cpu fan to cpu fan header.

What cpu cooler are you using?
Wow would you look at that, booted up to windows just like that, damn im dumb lmao. I am using an NZXT Kraken x73 AIO, as I said above I just connected all my fans (to include my radiator fans) into a hub since I have like nine fans total in the case. I kinda figured the Pump being plugged into the AIO pump header would be fine but this is also my first build completely solo and this was the first and only problem I ran into. All is well now though thank you so much

Reactions: dwd999
Apr 9, 2022
Are you trying to boot to a gen 3 nvme in a gen 4 slot ? And have say wifi plugged in to a PCIe lane cause anything other then a VGA on a gen3 in a gen 4 results in boot issues

Apr 9, 2022
Wow would you look at that, booted up to windows just like that, damn im dumb lmao. I am using an NZXT Kraken x73 AIO, as I said above I just connected all my fans (to include my radiator fans) into a hub since I have like nine fans total in the case. I kinda figured the Pump being plugged into the AIO pump header would be fine but this is also my first build completely solo and this was the first and only problem I ran into. All is well now though thank you so much
View: https://imgur.com/a/A7ooesI

I hope I did that right, But there is pictures of the initial screen im getting, and all tabs of the boot screen in BIOS, sorry I had to do it on my phone
Lol in bios you can also ignore this under monitor cpu fan temp as an alternative