Windows7 blue screen after login. Need fast answer!

OX-49

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012
Hi, I have a real situation right now. my father has asus p53s and now he got blue screen ,,of death". The screen say that he got registry error (0x00000051) I think it would be easy to repair for those people who understand things like that but my father can't understand what to do! he know's english but still ... and other problem is I am far away from him. (he is in Norway, I am in Lithuania (1000 km away)) and I can't help him!

Solution

For a quick fix, your best bet is for your father to try booting using the last known good configuration. He can press F8 before Windows starts booting to access the Windows boot menu. One of the options is to boot using the last known good configuration.

If that doesn't work, he can boot into safe...

rusabus

Distinguished
May 19, 2007

For a quick fix, your best bet is for your father to try booting using the last known good configuration. He can press F8 before Windows starts booting to access the Windows boot menu. One of the options is to boot using the last known good configuration.

If that doesn't work, he can boot into safe mode using the same boot menu. Once in safe mode, he can use System Restore to revert his computer to a recent restore point and that might work. If it doesn't work, he can try other restore points.

If the above options don't work and he has access to a Windows install DVD, he can run a repair install by booting off of the Windows DVD, but that is more complicated than the other options.

--Russel

Solution