[SOLVED] Windows7/Linux Dual boot on SSD?

Hello There!!
I am considering to buy a 250GB SSD for my old system,ik 250gb is less but the system is going to be used sparingly so thats more than enough for its use case.
Is it a good idea to use it as a primary drive for a dual boot system? Ive heard that partioning ssd's decreases its lifespan moreover im talking about a small ssd which is more concerning.

Solution
Thanks for the quick response, i had read it in some article for "maintaing a healthy ssd" maybe it wasnt reliable also do you have any tips for a healthy ssd or a reliable website that has some tips?
Don't fill it up past 80% is about all you need to do.

"Partitioning" is different between SSD and HDD.
With HDD, a partition is a physical space on the drive. For instance, 3 partitions. The outer tracks, the center, and the inner tracks.
With SSD, that is just a logical representation that the drive and OS shows you. It is NOT individual cells or chips on the device.

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks for the quick response, i had read it in some article for "maintaing a healthy ssd" maybe it wasnt reliable also do you have any tips for a healthy ssd or a reliable website that has some tips?
Don't fill it up past 80% is about all you need to do.

"Partitioning" is different between SSD and HDD.
With HDD, a partition is a physical space on the drive. For instance, 3 partitions. The outer tracks, the center, and the inner tracks.
With SSD, that is just a logical representation that the drive and OS shows you. It is NOT individual cells or chips on the device.

Reactions: General Kenobi
Solution

TRENDING THREADS