Windows7 Shut-down, SSD not recognised by MB

SebasvanO

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
Hi there,

To upgrade my PC, I thought of buying a SSD to be my system drive. The SSD I have bought is a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB and connected it with a SATA 2 cable.
The problem is that Windows 7 jams, any other window that is open doesnot respond anymore, but I can move the mouse around. The light of ''busy'' on my case is on, doesnot stutter or something, it is just burning. After a while my computer shutsdown and reboots itself. The motherboard/BIOS cannot detect my SSD where Windows 7 is installed, so it is just a black screen with a cursor blinking. I have to hold the powerbutton to shut down the pc and power back-on again, now the motherboard/BIOS recognizes the SSD again. I allready changed the SATA cable with another SATA2 and even a 'normal' SATA cable, it doesn't help. Now I bought an SATAIII cable, also this doesnot work.

Can someone help me?

My computer:
Windows 7 x64 Premium
Antec EA-380B (380W) power supply
Asus P7P55-M S1156 mATX motherboard
Intel Core i5-760 @2,80 GHz
Dane-Elec Value 4GB(2x2 dual) and BUFFALO 4GB(2x2 dual) RAM DDR3 1333MHz
WesternDigital Caviar Green 2TB HDD, SATA2
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
Asus Radeon HD 5770 Copper Rod 512MB PCIe

Thanks!

Solution
I think this is the solution, a friend told me about it.

Apperently my SATA was configured as IDE. I changed it to AHCI (recommended for SSD's) and now it works. Well, my system has not shut down all by itself.

Pretty strange if you ask me, after some searching around I learned that newer systems (above winVista) the standard is AHCI. (I bought the pre-build computer about 5 years ago)

Main thing, it is solved!

SebasvanO

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
I think this is the solution, a friend told me about it.

Apperently my SATA was configured as IDE. I changed it to AHCI (recommended for SSD's) and now it works. Well, my system has not shut down all by itself.

Pretty strange if you ask me, after some searching around I learned that newer systems (above winVista) the standard is AHCI. (I bought the pre-build computer about 5 years ago)

Main thing, it is solved!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS