Windows7 will not open tranfer cd from old computer

drummerboy8

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
I have a program; TreasureSoft,collection Management Software I want to tranfer from old to new,Windows Xp, to Windows7. Both computers are desk tops. I did download the original CD program (empty)by using "as Administrator" Now I want to transfer the program with all the data and 444 pics of my collection. I get a flag;"C/Program Files/TreasureSoft/TreasureSoft.exe. does not exist. Check The Path,and try again." How do you do that? and how do you make a path? TreasureSoft is out of business. Help!

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
you copied the shortcut, go bact to the computer that has the data that you want to transfer, highlight the data and right click, copy, got a USB drive, go to the USB drive and paste it on the drive and move the USB to the new computer, open and highlight the files, right click copy, go to the Directoy, Folder that you want the data in and right click, paste, sorry to make it sound so noobish, but I figured a once of prevention and a pound of cure if you follow my drift, USBs are the easy way , unless you got more than 4G of Data, then a DVD is nice

drummerboy8

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010

I copied the program to a USB external hard drive from the old computer,removed the hard drive and plugged into the Windows7 and got the same flag as I did with the CD-R "Path does not exist,check path,and try again.
Can I upgrade W7 to Professional, so it will recognize XP?

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
I understand now: and you don't have the original program disk,
the error is that Win7 is on the C/drive, and it is looking for the program in C:,
it's not there, it on the C/drive XP
installing the drive in the Win 7 machine makes it possible to get the data but running the program is out of the question
dual booting XP will not help,can you, tell me the specs from the old machine, you might be able to use the drive with a new MB and let XP install the drivers so the program isdrive is C/Program Files/TreasureSoft/TreasureSoft.exe.( do not reinstall XP, let it find the driver it needs)shaky at best
444 pictures are not a problem, copy, paste

drummerboy8

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010

I do have the original program disk and it is installed on Win7. However,when I try to install the CD-R with all my pics and data on it, from the old computer, No exe path exist,name an appropriate exe. file?

drummerboy8

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010

The link you sent was the correct program, I have the program on my new computer. I need to transfer all the data and pics from the XP to Windows 7. I bought an upgrade from Win7 home premium 64 bits to Win7 Professional. It will take older XP programs. It is called the XP mode. I have installed the upgrade ok, now I am having trouble with Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode. I need to configure BIOS by changing settings. To do this on HP. I should press Esc key when promted at startup then press F10 to Configure BIOS. No Go. ??

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009

Microsoft revised the requirements for XP Mode / Virtual PC. You can download a patch that will allow to use XP mode / Virtual PC without editing the BIOS. To learn more, please see the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

drummerboy8

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
Hi Jessica; I downloaded the Hardware-assisted nirtualization detection tool and found out that on this new HP desk top the Hardware-assisted Virtualization Is Not enabled on this computer. I clicked on your link in order to download a patch to allow you to use XP mode/Virtual PC without editing the BIOS. The link takes me back to a page that I have been to several times, I can't find the patch on this page. The page gives instructions,"step two" for HP on how to edit BIOS. I have tried several times to depress the Esc key when prompted at startup and press F10 key to configure BIOS. All I get is "Re boot" coads. I keep going around in cycles. I did upgrade to Windows7 Professional ok. Now if I could edit BIOS or get the patch to bypass the edit, we're in business. Thanks for you help by the way.

drummerboy8

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
I was able to download Windows7, Professional, and have the XP mode loaded. It will take the original TreasureSoft program without the data and pics, just the empty program. When I try to download the CD-R copy with all the data,I still get the flag that there is no path to exe. files. The same outcome as the download with Windows7 Premium 64bit. Ninty Six bucks waisted. What to do next? I need this program. I have a lot of work and time invested in it. I'll try try again.

drummerboy8

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010

I upgraded to W7 Professional and downloaded the XP mode. Transfered the program TreasureSoft Collection Manager from my old XP computer, Still no exe files found. The program goes on the W7 but without any data or Pics. What next?