windows8.1 whea uncorrectable error that came out of the blue

roorz1313

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
about two weeks ago my editing pc (that i used for gaming on the side) it started to become more and more unstable running the default clock settings and kept telling me when i booted up that overclocking has failed (i was able to fix this by updating my bios). then i had a issue where my pc would freeze after 30 mins to a hour into a session and would need to be forcibly restarted on a few occasions i had BSOD's which involved a whea_unccorrectable error and a bunch of machine check exception's (i was also able to fix this by updating a audio driver....or so i thought). now i'm still getting whea_unccorrectable error's and my computer restarts randomly. throughout this entire kerfuffle i've been checking my event logs and was unable to find any clues to the causes of my errors. most solutions i had tried were last ditch attempts that i saw worked on these forums.

these are my pc specs:

windows 8.1

Intel i7-5820K Extreme Hex Core CPU Processor (3.30GHz, 15MB Cache, 140W, Socket 2011-V3, 28 Lanes PCI Express Generation 3)

Asus X99-S ATX Motherboard (5x PCI Express 3.0, DDR4 Quad Channel, Socket 2011)

HyperX FURY 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz

Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 980 4GB DDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card

Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive

Corsair (CW-9060017-WW) Hydro Series H80i GT 120mm High Performance All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler
(i'm just adding the liquid cooler incase it helps at all)

i am thinking of taking it to a hardware shop and getting more professional eyes to take a look at it.

any help will be much appreciated!!!