windows8.1 whea uncorrectable error

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

caryugly

Reputable
May 9, 2014
I have been getting this whea uncorrectable error for months and its getting more frequent to the point where it bothers me. It happens most often when gaming. There is no overclock and over heating. And memtest86 runs fine for hours without errors. However, prime95 might cause a whea uncorrectable error.

minidump:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By3lOIlLmEaSb2pnOFVzSjB4ZGs/edit?usp=sharing

Solution

Could be a marginal PSU problem, or a Windows Error
First try System File Checker
Winkey plus 'X'
Choose Command Prompt (Admin)
Type sfc /scannow then Enter

It finds and fixes errors in Windows, but doesn't always report them. Run it and see if the fault disappears after re-booting your system
If corrupt files are found that can’t...

Dcchan

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015
Hi Guys, my 1st post here. I registered thinking I found a solution that would help you if I share, but nope! Just got Whea-124-BSOD again.

Mine is like that, I have an i7 4790K 4.00 on a ASUS Z97-a / 16GB RAM Corsair Vengeance 2400 / Nvidia TITAN X / with SSD on boot and a bunch of Coolers from hell. :) Everything worked fine for about a year, until I decided to add more 16GB RAM 4 days ago. They are exact same RAM model and BSOD started!

I tried every single possible test I saw on forums, SFC, DISM, PRIME 95, BIOS update, OC off, Recover Point, Re-install Win 8.1, Update to Win 10, Thermal Paste, Cleanup, switch and remove RAM... so what happens now is that I have exactly the same settings and hardware I had before installing the new RAM, and I'm still getting BSOD... technically I shouldn't get BSOD with my previous perfectly functional setting right?

I got a bit of improvement today with Win 10, before I got Whea-124-BSOD in 10-15 mins or rendering with Modo 3D, now I got 30-35 mins after render starts.

Any ideas what is causing this?

CPU temp normally goes around 55-61C and when it's rendering on Modo or playing Games around 81-89C. I don't know anything about voltage, but I did make sure on BIOS it is default settings.

Cya and thanks in advance!

reggie_2

Commendable
May 10, 2016

Lazorius

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

Thanks, You are a lifesaver