[SOLVED] WindowsRE not working

Oct 29, 2020
Hi I have did a clean install of windows 10 on my c drive where my factory windows 8.1 was. My WindowsRE boot option have dissapeard and I am no longer able to reset my laptop to the factory setup. My recovery drive is still intact and all files are there but there is also no hp recovery manager when I search. Is there a way to manualy add a boot entry which will locate the recovery drive where my factory recovery setup is? Can I somehow create a bootable usb from the recovery partition that is still there? I have created recovery dvd's when I bought the laptop but my dvd drive is broken. Can I somehow use the disks on another pc to create a factory restore image if none of the other ideas work?

Thank you

Solution
Windows 10 is not working for me.

This should have been the first post since this is your main issue. When you did a clean setup of Windows and wiped the original setup the files and drive formatting needed to run the recovery partition was wiped. The actual recovery partition is only part of the restore process, the rest is in the boot options and files that existed in other parts of the disk.

Let's start at the beginning and go to the real issue, what is the brand and model of the laptop and exactly what is wrong with Win 10 on it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
have did a clean install of windows 10
that right there explains why you can't find the other drives. they were likely partitions on the boot drive. the clean install removed them.

why do you want to do a factory reset after installing win 10? you might be able to roll back to win 8.1 now if you want but it won't recreate partitions.

winre should still exist, just the win 10 version of it.

Oct 29, 2020
that right there explains why you can't find the other drives. they were likely partitions on the boot drive. the clean install removed them.

why do you want to do a factory reset after installing win 10? you might be able to roll back to win 8.1 now if you want but it won't recreate partitions.

winre should still exist, just the win 10 version of it.

Thanks for the reply. The recovery partition is still in place and all the files. Only the c drive os was replaced.I even have a cloned copy of the recovery partition but it doesnt boot into the recovery environment were I can choose to reset the pc. The old OS has been deleted.

Windows 10 is not working for me.

This should have been the first post since this is your main issue. When you did a clean setup of Windows and wiped the original setup the files and drive formatting needed to run the recovery partition was wiped. The actual recovery partition is only part of the restore process, the rest is in the boot options and files that existed in other parts of the disk.

Let's start at the beginning and go to the real issue, what is the brand and model of the laptop and exactly what is wrong with Win 10 on it?

Solution