Windstream DSL Slow Speed PLEASE HELP!!!

BadKharma71

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016
I have Windstream DSL service. I recently upgraded from the 12meg to the 25meg and they of course had to bring me a new modem. The old modem was the Sagecom F@st 1704 the new modem for the 25meg is the Sagecom Wireless xDSL Bonding Router Model F@st 4320. This past sunday I noticed the speed was slow and by monday morning it completely went out. I called and they sent a tech out monday about 4:30pm and in his notes he said he went to the side of apartment and could hear the modem trying to connect and then left. I called again they said they were bringing a modem and someone to fix it monday night and of course he was a no show. Tuesday morning the tech showed up with a new modem tested my phone jack and said it was bad, so he straight wired a new phone line from the back of the phone jack to a little phone box adapter block, then plugged a new phone line in the adapter box and into the modem and nothing. When I say nothing I mean this, we go into the modem settings 192.168.254.254 and it shows Im getting 28800 down and between 1000 to 4000 up, but when I run speedtest.net I get 23ms Latency, between 4-6meg down and 1-4meg up. No one can seem to figure out why the modem settings are showing full power but when I go to my laptop and run speedtest its not pulling the 25meg down like its supposed to. Even on my XBOX One Im trying to download Gears of War 4 Preorder and its only downloading at 1.74megs then bounces to 2.17 and back and forth. I'm getting really frustrated with this. Please help and once again the tech is supposed to come out here today its 2:11pm now and hes supposed to be here between now and 6pm so we shall see. Any suggestions will be helpful and appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

Autocrat

Respectable
Sep 19, 2016
are you connected by ethernet or wireless?
Truthfully they could just be giving you garbage old modems. It looks like the Modem was deployed originally in 2012 - so it is possible it could be used and refurbished.

BadKharma71

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

Connected through ethernet, running Windows 10

TRENDING THREADS