[SOLVED] Wininit.exe Safe Removal?

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
Hello

I have win 8.1 Pro and have little freezing occasions now and then which I think might be due to the Wininit.exe thing?

I've looked it up and it sounds like it's been hijacked by a virus or something - it's always got the highest load on my Taskmanager - right now its 56% of CPU and its always fluctuating a bit.

But I'm worried if I try to remove it - it might kill the entire windows setup with all my data and files etc?
Am I right to be wary? or is it ok to remove it as it won't mess it all up?

I've found the instructions conflicting/confusing - can someone point me to a recommended instruction link that they've used themselves successfully?

And also - can someone tell me how to make a complete clone/backup of the entire c:\ (system drive and all our personal files too) and how to reinstate that backup if it kills my computer?
If you could please recommend the best free software and the best Paid software that would be great.

Any other advice welcome - thank you!

Solution
You don't want a "clone". That would still include whatever weirdness is causing this.

Instead, you want to copy your personal files and docs to some other storage device.
Then,. a full wipe and reinstall of your OS and everything else.

USAFRet

Titan
You don't want a "clone". That would still include whatever weirdness is causing this.

Instead, you want to copy your personal files and docs to some other storage device.
Then,. a full wipe and reinstall of your OS and everything else.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS