I read through many pages already and nothing seems to work

it wont detect windows

I have used active liveCD to try and recover files from WD red
but somehow the boot drive got screwed up

I try to fix boot sector from liveCD
and try to run fix from windows recovery cd
and also from dos to rebuild mbr etc
but nothing worked

I can access files on boot drive with no problems its not dmaged. its a brand new Samsung evo 860

what can I use to actually see what the problem is because the blue screen doesn't really tell me anything

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Winload.efi is an EFI or Extensible Firmware Interface file. These files are executable files for the firmware of the computers that are based mainly on UEFI and execute the tasks of loading the files to the bootloader of the computer. These files are used for a specific set of tasks like turning on the computer, restarting the computer, installing Windows, resetting the computer and others. Hence, Winload.efi becomes a really important file. In case this file is lost, corrupted or damaged, it becomes impossible for the Windows operating system to proceed.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-winload-efi-missing-error

If its brand new, why not fresh install if you can copy anything off it you want to keep. If you tried everything else, sometimes clean is fastest option.

Make sure drive is only drive in PC when you install, otherwise windows may find blank space on another drive and if it is removed or breaks, the ssd won't be able to boot..., just like now.

Sep 24, 2018
ended up doing that anyway
sucks to have to go through all the settings again and installing all software
is there a way to save all settings in windows? and all the registry tweaks that I have done?