winmm.dll error msg

kyle

I have been getting error msgs something like this, "anyprogram.exe is not a
valid image" then the file ...winmm.dll. It is effecting almost every
program, ie instant messenger, outlook, mcaffee, etc. Tried using PC Mighty
Max, says it fixes winmm.dll error problems. No difference at all. System
Restore will not work either. Also tried using VNC so someone else could
remotely look at it, the progam is open, no error msgs but would not work.
Any help greatly appreciated.

I have never heard of PC Mighty Max. I went to their website to look for a
privacy statement. Nothing!

I am very wary of "anything" that comes from a website like that! It may be
great. It may load your system with garbage.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)