WinNT backup server logon problem

I have a WinNT server and have JUST added a winNT backup server.

We have logon scripts on the primary server that set up
mapped drives for users. Now that we have added the
backup server, Users logging in to the domain sometimes
logon to the backup server and not the primary server.
This seems to occur at random.

Is there anyway to force the workstations to use the
primary server for logon purposes?

As I sit here at my desk, I can logon 10 times and about
1/2 the time, I logon to the backup server. There seems
to be no rhyme or reason to which server logs my workstation
onto the domain. We are all running WIn98 or WInXP.

Any help appreciated.

Don

--------------------
| From: "D0N ßâiley" <donBEE421@netzero.net>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc
| Subject: WinNT backup server logon problem
| Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:39:24 -0400
|
| I have a WinNT server and have JUST added a winNT backup server.
|
| We have logon scripts on the primary server that set up
| mapped drives for users. Now that we have added the
| backup server, Users logging in to the domain sometimes
| logon to the backup server and not the primary server.
| This seems to occur at random.
|
| Is there anyway to force the workstations to use the
| primary server for logon purposes?
|
| As I sit here at my desk, I can logon 10 times and about
| 1/2 the time, I logon to the backup server. There seems
| to be no rhyme or reason to which server logs my workstation
| onto the domain. We are all running WIn98 or WInXP.
|
| Any help appreciated.
|
| Don

Don,

Please see KB article 161334, which is a guide to profiles and
policies on Windows NT. Pay special attention to the section
regarding replication of login scripts, and you'll be all set.

I'll check it now.

Thanks!

Don

"Derek Wirch [MSFT]" <a-derekw@microsoft.com> wrote in message

> | From: "D0N ßâiley" <donBEE421@netzero.net>
> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc
> | Subject: WinNT backup server logon problem
> | Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:39:24 -0400

ul.t-online.de!newsfeed01.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!fu-berlin.de!uni-berli