Wins 7 64 bit to 32 bit want to switch

bluealien

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Hi
I have a dell that's a year and a half old, when I purchased it I didn't know it was a 64bit. I mostly game on my computer and its terrible for running games my alienware is 32bit it can run all my games and my dell picks and chooses what it will run. I really want to switch it out but my drivers will that be an issue will my nivida card still run I can always replace the programs nothing special. Im just wondering if the basic drivers will work. Dell told me all their drivers are 64 bit. Will I have to worry about stability of the computer
I appeciate any help Elizabeth

You shouldn't need to go to 32 but to get better gaming performance. there's something else going on. What are you specs?

If you really want to go to 32 bit. it will require a complete reload, and you will have to get 32 but drivers which should be on Dell's website. There are drawbacks to going to a 32 bit OS.

The problem is probably not with the OS. The 64bit OS will also run 32 bit apps, so it allows you extra flexibility. The biggest advantage, is that it also allows you to use more than 4GB of RAM. If you were to switch to a 32 bit OS, you would lose that. There's really not much advantage to going to 32 bit.

I would start looking for hardware upgrades.

Kjwinden

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
I am also going to throw a piece of advice in here. The problem you are having mostly sounds like a common Dell issue. To offer better prices on their systems, they subsidize the machine by putting on tons and tons of useless software from companies that pay dell to put the software on there.

I am willing to bet your computer is just so bogged down with so much useless software that its slowing everything else down. Look through your programs installed and uninstall what you don't need. Not only that, but go to windows config and disable any bootup programs you dont need as soon as you turn your computer turns on.