Wins 8.1 drops connectivity after 10-15 minutes after each restart (wired, not wireless)

daa1982

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014
I've been having this issue for almost 2 weeks now.

I initially thought the router was the issue and got a new one, but the issue seems just as bad if not worse on the new router.

My internet is strong for the first 10-15 after starting up, but then will drop below 1mgbs afterwards.

I've tried a DNS flush, that didn't change anything.

The only thing that slightly impacts it, is if I go into network adaptors and change the speed from Auto to 100mb Full Duplex, and my speed picks back up again.....but only for 10-15 minutes. Switching it back to auto does the same thing again, about 10 minutes of full speed then drops.

The wi-fi signal from the router is no problem, all my devices using it are fine. I've got 2 Wins 8.1 PCs plugged into the router and both have this same issue. Doesn't matter if only one is on at a time, which is usually the case anyway.

I've read about are possibly uninstalling the drivers might help. I'm wondering if there are any other suggestions out there?

Wondering if there's something I'm missing entirely. Is maybe the Firewall blocking something?

daa1982

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014

Tried this. Worked again...but only for 10 minutes, no change or improvement.

Drivers are a up to date.