WINS running on DC/DNS servers

Currently WINS services are housed in two dedicated WIn2000 boxes.
I am doing a migration to WIn2003 and I am considering installing WINS in
the Win2003 DNS servers(ADI), instead of buying separate boxes for WINS.

Please let me know if that's a problem.

In news:u0e4NSpcFHA.892@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Marlon <marlon-nospam@hotmail.com> posted this:
> Currently WINS services are housed in two dedicated WIn2000 boxes.
> I am doing a migration to WIn2003 and I am considering installing
> WINS in the Win2003 DNS servers(ADI), instead of buying separate
> boxes for WINS.
>
> Please let me know if that's a problem.

There should be no problem.

--?
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
===================================
===================================
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
===================================
It will strip signature out and more
===================================
with OEBackup:
===================================

"Marlon" <marlon-nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Currently WINS services are housed in two dedicated WIn2000 boxes.
> I am doing a migration to WIn2003 and I am considering installing WINS in
> the Win2003 DNS servers(ADI), instead of buying separate boxes for WINS.
>
> Please let me know if that's a problem.

For all but the very largest domains the WINS servers
are no big deal running with the AD and DNS.

If performance ever becomes a problem (unlikely on
today's modern hardware) you can consider additional
WINS servers or moving them to separate servers.

--
Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
Accelerated MCSE