Winter 2016 - 2017 PC Games Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
Wow - depressing list for me other than SE4. I guess all the good stuff has been released already!

EDIT: Shadows tactics looks interesting - DLing the demo to check it.

Played the demo and like the game. However, it says 13 levels if the demo allowed me to play 2 complete (before it timed out) - then this game better be cheap. I spent less than 2 hours on those levels on normal difficulty. There are some badges you can win so there is some replayability there, but still needs to be priced around $15 for an early buy for me. Otherwise, it's on my wishlist and Steam sale time!)

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

I'm not that interested in VR atm.

And I'm not that interested in ports of ancient PS2 games.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

Ok great.

Winter starts before the winter solstice. Astronomically, in fact, winter solstice is the midpoint of winter.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

it looks to be coming in at around 110$, 50-60$ for base game.

yea, no, Ill stick to sign and be mad that my favorite characters aren't in it over 50-60$ for what should be 15$ dlc

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Strange hardware requirements for "In the Shadows":
Core i7 paired with just 2GB RAM.
Seems a bit over-parallelized if it can't be run with less than eight threads, and what about AMD's 8-core CPUs? They should also work!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

indie devs typically dont have the money to test many machines, likely all they had to work with was what they say the requirements are,

its pretty much there just to tell you 'hey, this is minimum so don't complain if it plays bad and you have less'

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
"In the Shadows" requirements says Core i7, but it doesn't specify a model or generation. The 2GB RAM and HD Graphics 5000 requirements are giveaways that this isn't something you need a desktop gaming system for. My guess is a dual-core mobile i7 is good enough and the game designed for average laptops.

artk2219

Distinguished
The minimum requirements for spacehulk seem to be pretty beefy. Granted its not a spectacular gaming machine thats needed, but that a solid mid grade build just to run the thing. I'm wondering if it actually needs all that, or if it's just not very well optimized.

Firvain

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
I have to say, you got my hopes up when I saw "Imagine a harsher version of Minecraft" for Conan Exiles. Instead, I find you are lying through your teeth. Conan Exiles is a SURVIVAL game; a rip on Rust, not Minecraft. Minecraft at its base is an exploration and building game, the survival part as added on; both Rust, and seemingly Conan Exiles, are all about tearing down other people. Where the only reason to look for resources is to be a better a**hole to other players. Stop using Minecraft to get paid for generating traffic for a website if the product isn't really anything like Minecraft.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Is this an Indie games list or something? These are all garbage games. Where are the AAA game releases? A Far Cry? Or a Fallout? Or GTA?

Indie games aren't garbage. AAA games aren't necessarily any good.

That said, there aren't many major releases during winter, and this year is a particularly clear example of that. I suppose they could have put Mass Effect Andromeda on the list, but it's only confirmed for Q1 - which stretches beyond the end of winter.

szore88

Reputable
Dec 10, 2016
How come no one makes shooters or flight sims anymore??? With all due respect, PC video games SUCK nowadays... console games destroyed PC gaming...

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

flight sims suck, arcade style flight is more appealing, and you have war thunder for that
shooters?
you had how many of those behemoths of sales drop in the last few weeks?

angel1000f

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
AI really wish that they would have released the trailer and information on Destiny 2. It would be an awesome game to have released but since they haven't done I et they will probably release information sometime in the spring.

First day of Winter was December 21, 2016. You can google it real quickly yourself if you don't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.