WinTV PVR USB2 Device not recognized

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I posted this on the WinTV site as well.
This device return "USB Device not recognized "
I have tried this same device on 2 WinXP machines running SP2 with the same
results. I plugged another USB device in the same port and all is well.
I moved the WinTV device to a Win2000 machine and it works.
Anyone have any ideas why this doesn't work with WinXP.
The device never is prompted with the Add new hardware display. I see many
postings about XP & WinNT on WinTVs site.
I am hoping that the is a register change in order to get it to work.

Thanks

Is it a USB 2.0 or 1.1 device?

"Dave" wrote:

> I posted this on the WinTV site as well.
> This device return "USB Device not recognized "
> I have tried this same device on 2 WinXP machines running SP2 with the same
> results. I plugged another USB device in the same port and all is well.
> I moved the WinTV device to a Win2000 machine and it works.
> Anyone have any ideas why this doesn't work with WinXP.
> The device never is prompted with the Add new hardware display. I see many
> postings about XP & WinNT on WinTVs site.
> I am hoping that the is a register change in order to get it to work.
>
> Thanks

Its the Hauppauge USB2 TV Tuner.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"jerryrock" <jerryrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:175E4651-5975-4A44-B921-84FD393E426A@microsoft.com...
> Is it a USB 2.0 or 1.1 device?
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
>> I posted this on the WinTV site as well.
>> This device return "USB Device not recognized "
>> I have tried this same device on 2 WinXP machines running SP2 with the same
>> results. I plugged another USB device in the same port and all is well.
>> I moved the WinTV device to a Win2000 machine and it works.
>> Anyone have any ideas why this doesn't work with WinXP.
>> The device never is prompted with the Add new hardware display. I see many
>> postings about XP & WinNT on WinTVs site.
>> I am hoping that the is a register change in order to get it to work.
>>
>> Thanks

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Yes to both!

Dave

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"jerryrock" <jerryrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it a USB 2.0 or 1.1 device?
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
>> I posted this on the WinTV site as well.
>> This device return "USB Device not recognized "
>> I have tried this same device on 2 WinXP machines running SP2 with the
>> same
>> results. I plugged another USB device in the same port and all is well.
>> I moved the WinTV device to a Win2000 machine and it works.
>> Anyone have any ideas why this doesn't work with WinXP.
>> The device never is prompted with the Add new hardware display. I see
>> many
>> postings about XP & WinNT on WinTVs site.
>> I am hoping that the is a register change in order to get it to work.
>>
>> Thanks

I would suspect a defective device. I have one of these tuners and it works fine on every XP machine here.