WinXP boot error, Tried EVERYTHING

Hi, I recently bought a new motherboard and processor.... I put it all
together and attatched a harddrive from my old computer.... My old computer
was purchased from Compaq, however I had to replace the drive because it
died, I replaced it with a Maxtor DiamonMax Plus 60GB drive.. That's what I
put into the new computer... When I boot it up, I get the startup options
menu saying there was an error on the last shutdown and I can choose
Safemode, Safemode w/ networking, safemode w/ cmd, etc.

Everyone that I choose I get an error,

"STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF894D640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

After some research, I found this,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q316401

So, I've tried everything to fix it... I've tried using the old compaq
"quick restore" disks, the "Restore Disk", the disk that came w/ the mobo w/
drivers and such on it, Then I borrowed a WinXP install disk from a friend,
because my Compaq never came with one, it just had the OS pre-installed on
it... That didn't work either... I also tried the WinXP installation
bootdisks, a set of six.... I follow all of the steps and at the end when it
says, Insert the WinXP installation disk, I do and it blinks when I press
enter... I've also tried using a more standard C-D drive, the one I usually
use is a dvd-burner... That didn't work either

So now I'm sitting here with a computer that won't boot up...

My specs are

Motherboard - MSI K7N2GM-V, NVIDIA nForce2 IGP 64 + MCP2SL
Processor - AMD AthlonXP 3200+
and again the Harddrive is Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 60GB

Also, the harddrive will boot up on my old computer, I gave it to my mother,
because it was better than her old 650mhz Duron.... I have backed up all of
the important stuff on my computer and am willing to do anything just to get
this working...

Thanks in advance...

Woops, sorry I posted twice I had to go in the middle of typing and didn't
think it went through, Sorry

I have had a simular error, been working on my wifes computer all day too. I
have the same motherboard. What I am trying now, reinstalling from the
windows xp home disk which it did say my version of windows was corrupt.
Maybe, You should try to reinstall it again. I think it is a compatible
problem with the motherboard. I took the same harddrive and installed it on
my personal computer and it works perfect! Thats how I think it is a
motherboard cache problem.

When it is done reinstalling/repairing, I will post again the results.

good luck..:)

"StudioGF" wrote:

> Hi, I recently bought a new motherboard and processor.... I put it all
> together and attatched a harddrive from my old computer.... My old computer
> was purchased from Compaq, however I had to replace the drive because it
> died, I replaced it with a Maxtor DiamonMax Plus 60GB drive.. That's what I
> put into the new computer... When I boot it up, I get the startup options
> menu saying there was an error on the last shutdown and I can choose
> Safemode, Safemode w/ networking, safemode w/ cmd, etc.
>
> Everyone that I choose I get an error,
>
> "STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF894D640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"
>
> After some research, I found this,
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q316401
>
> So, I've tried everything to fix it... I've tried using the old compaq
> "quick restore" disks, the "Restore Disk", the disk that came w/ the mobo w/
> drivers and such on it, Then I borrowed a WinXP install disk from a friend,
> because my Compaq never came with one, it just had the OS pre-installed on
> it... That didn't work either... I also tried the WinXP installation
> bootdisks, a set of six.... I follow all of the steps and at the end when it
> says, Insert the WinXP installation disk, I do and it blinks when I press
> enter... I've also tried using a more standard C-D drive, the one I usually
> use is a dvd-burner... That didn't work either
>
> So now I'm sitting here with a computer that won't boot up...
>
> My specs are
>
> Motherboard - MSI K7N2GM-V, NVIDIA nForce2 IGP 64 + MCP2SL
> Processor - AMD AthlonXP 3200+
> and again the Harddrive is Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 60GB
>
> Also, the harddrive will boot up on my old computer, I gave it to my mother,
> because it was better than her old 650mhz Duron.... I have backed up all of
> the important stuff on my computer and am willing to do anything just to get
> this working...
>
> Thanks in advance...

Since you literally yank the foundation out from under windows, you'll need
to do a repair install - but the CD's you have are locked to the BIOS of
your old motherboard (courtesy of Compaq/HP). It is an OEM version, and it
died with the motherboard. Now to get going again, you are going to have to
buy you a full version of XP Pro and do a "repair" install. Now you'll here
other say you can get by with the upgrade version, well yes this time maybe,
but what about the next time you do a clean install and you don't have proof
of qualifying upgrade? The old Compaq restore disks are not in a format to
qualify as proof. Your call!

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"StudioGF" <StudioGF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I recently bought a new motherboard and processor.... I put it all
> together and attatched a harddrive from my old computer.... My old
> computer
> was purchased from Compaq, however I had to replace the drive because it
> died, I replaced it with a Maxtor DiamonMax Plus 60GB drive.. That's what
> put into the new computer... When I boot it up, I get the startup options
> menu saying there was an error on the last shutdown and I can choose
> Safemode, Safemode w/ networking, safemode w/ cmd, etc.
>
> Everyone that I choose I get an error,
>
> "STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF894D640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"
>
> After some research, I found this,
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q316401
>
> So, I've tried everything to fix it... I've tried using the old compaq
> "quick restore" disks, the "Restore Disk", the disk that came w/ the mobo
> w/
> drivers and such on it, Then I borrowed a WinXP install disk from a
> friend,
> because my Compaq never came with one, it just had the OS pre-installed on
> it... That didn't work either... I also tried the WinXP installation
> bootdisks, a set of six.... I follow all of the steps and at the end when
> it
> says, Insert the WinXP installation disk, I do and it blinks when I press
> enter... I've also tried using a more standard C-D drive, the one I
> usually
> use is a dvd-burner... That didn't work either
>
> So now I'm sitting here with a computer that won't boot up...
>
> My specs are
>
> Motherboard - MSI K7N2GM-V, NVIDIA nForce2 IGP 64 + MCP2SL
> Processor - AMD AthlonXP 3200+
> and again the Harddrive is Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 60GB
>
> Also, the harddrive will boot up on my old computer, I gave it to my
> mother,
> because it was better than her old 650mhz Duron.... I have backed up all
> of
> the important stuff on my computer and am willing to do anything just to
> get
> this working...
>
> Thanks in advance...

Well thanks for the explaination, but the disk I'm trying is not an OEM/came
w/ my compaq w/e version... It's the full WinXP Pro (retail) and I'm not
getting anything from it.. It's not reading it or something... I tried the 6
WinXP Pro boot floppies that install random drivers or something to get it
working, but it still didn't read... I've been working on this problem for
about a month now w/ no hope...

Any suggestions on how to get it working are very appreciated...

Have you tried installing the I/O Controller and/or Motherboard drivers
during the White Text/Blue background portion of setup, by hitting <F6> then
supplying the drivers on floppy? Some motherboards/I-O controllers require
the drivers be loaded this way as XP doesn't have a compatible driver to
work with during installation.

--

> Well thanks for the explaination, but the disk I'm trying is not an
> OEM/came
> w/ my compaq w/e version... It's the full WinXP Pro (retail) and I'm not
> getting anything from it.. It's not reading it or something... I tried the
> 6
> WinXP Pro boot floppies that install random drivers or something to get it
> working, but it still didn't read... I've been working on this problem for
> about a month now w/ no hope...
>
> Any suggestions on how to get it working are very appreciated...

On Sun, 1 May 2005 14:56:11 -0700, "StudioGF"
<StudioGF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Well thanks for the explaination, but the disk I'm trying is not an OEM/came
>w/ my compaq w/e version... It's the full WinXP Pro (retail) and I'm not
>getting anything from it.. It's not reading it or something... I tried the 6
>WinXP Pro boot floppies that install random drivers or something to get it
>working, but it still didn't read... I've been working on this problem for
>about a month now w/ no hope...
>
>Any suggestions on how to get it working are very appreciated...

Put the cd-rom drive as slave on the primary controller. Set it to type
"auto" in the BIOS. Make sure the boot order is cd-rom first in the BIOS.
That should allow a retail XP disc to boot.

With that big a change from the old system, I would do a clean install not
just a repair install.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/