winXP display too dark

gregg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003

I upgraded from Windows 98 to XP and now my monitor is
dark. I have changed my brighteness settings to max and
installed the latest driver for my video card but it is
still dark. I saw somthing on the web about adjusting my
autoe4xec.bat file if I still had one. I don't. I also
changed the refresh rate but that didn't work.

Can someone please help me with this?

How old is the monitor? Screen becoming progressively dim over time is a
good indication that its time is drawing nigh.

Cari
www.coribright.com

"Gregg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I upgraded from Windows 98 to XP and now my monitor is
> dark. I have changed my brighteness settings to max and
> installed the latest driver for my video card but it is
> still dark. I saw somthing on the web about adjusting my
> autoe4xec.bat file if I still had one. I don't. I also
> changed the refresh rate but that didn't work.
>
> Can someone please help me with this?

TRENDING THREADS