WINXP Pro upgrade from WIN 98 SE

Processor Athlon 2000+
RAM 256mb, 16 of that devoted to onboard sound and video.

Forewarned is forearmed and all that. :)

I am anticipating an upgrade from Win98 SE to WIN XP Pro in the next week.

Currently, I have a Windows directory used by IE for favorites and as a
working directory for Outlook Express which I never use AND I have a working
directory for Win 98SE named Win98rel1 (Windows name choice on a reinstall
of Win 98 SE.)

I can graft the favorites tree to the correct place under Win98rel1, as to
the OE I really don't care if it is carried forward at all.

Obviously my registry points to Windows for favorites and OE, to Win98rel1
for the rest of the system.

What prep should I do in the above aspect prior to installing XP Pro?

FACE

Start here:

How to prepare to upgrade Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition to
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q316639

Upgrading to WINDOWS XP
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpupgrad.htm
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

FACE wrote:
> Processor Athlon 2000+
> RAM 256mb, 16 of that devoted to onboard sound and video.
>
> Forewarned is forearmed and all that. :)
>
> I am anticipating an upgrade from Win98 SE to WIN XP Pro in the next week.
>
> Currently, I have a Windows directory used by IE for favorites and as a
> working directory for Outlook Express which I never use AND I have a
> working directory for Win 98SE named Win98rel1 (Windows name choice on a
> reinstall of Win 98 SE.)
>
> I can graft the favorites tree to the correct place under Win98rel1, as to
> the OE I really don't care if it is carried forward at all.
>
> Obviously my registry points to Windows for favorites and OE, to Win98rel1
> for the rest of the system.
>
> What prep should I do in the above aspect prior to installing XP Pro?
>
> FACE

Thanks. I will read these articles. I feel that i may be reading a lot of
articles. :)

jim

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:04:37 -0500, "PA Bear" <PABear@mvps.org> wrote:

>Start here:
>
>How to prepare to upgrade Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition to
>Windows XP
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q316639
>
>Upgrading to WINDOWS XP
>http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpupgrad.htm