Question Wired but some connection

Oct 23, 2020
When I am on Wi-Fi everything works fine but when I wire it from the router to PC I can go on websites like Facebook, Youtube, etc but some videos/live streams don't play. I cannot log in to apps such as Steam, Origin, or Discord but I can surf the web. I tried ipconfig /release and renew, it worked for a week but now I'm back to square one. Can anyone please assist?

Oct 23, 2020
Boot up a linux live cd/usb and see if you're still having the same issues. If you don't, it's windows issue of some sort. If you still do, could be hardware or something with the network.
I'm using Windows 10 my wifi works fine so what on my computer could be causing that problem when wired?

I'm using Windows 10 my wifi works fine so what on my computer could be causing that problem when wired?
A bunch of things--hardware issues, software issues, network issues--and we have no clue where to start.

Windows can be a hot mess and wireless can work when wired doesn't and all sorts of wacked stuff.

Using the linux live cd/usb boots a live environment to memory that will allow a wired test that could eliminate any software issues as the culprit so it would help us narrow it down.