[SOLVED] Wired connection - Can't detect ethernet connection

erlend.hoel

Commendable
Jan 17, 2018
I recently got cabled connection from my router downstairs, through the floor and up to my room. Since I didn't had the tools to mount the cable and ethernet "outlet" to the wall I just patched it and used it when loose. Today when I got the right equipment I properly put the cable and outlet on to the wall and tightened it, however my computer does not detect the cable anymore. Do you think it is because of this? (See link)
View: https://imgur.com/a/EZnmzEs

Solution
Is that part of cable crimped to the wall? If too tight it might made cable inside break.
Do you have multimeter or ethernet tester (they should be cheap to buy or find) to test out the connection?

erlend.hoel

Commendable
Jan 17, 2018
Is that part of cable crimped to the wall? If too tight it might made cable inside break.
Do you have multimeter or ethernet tester (they should be cheap to buy or find) to test out the connection?
I didn't think it would be too tight when I did, because I removed some plastic in order for it to fit as you can see. And then I used two screws to mount the "outlet" on the wall. But I suspect some of it is broken but unfortunately I can't get a tester before wednesday :/ Ill try with a multimeter though