[SOLVED] Wired Connection Issues - DNS Server Not Connected

clolds01

Commendable
Dec 27, 2018
Hello! Thanks for reading in advance.

I just moved into my dorm and have had some issues with wired connectivity. I have contacted the IT department and had someone look into it, but I thought I would start this thread in case someone with intimate windows knowledge could find the issue.

Whether through ethernet or wifi, my desktop can not get past the authenticate step. On wifi, this means connected with no internet. On wired, I have entry level access that is allowed to register, but I can not complete the registration and I get disconnected from a DNS timeout (Event 1014) after multiple failures to connect to DNS servers (Event 8007).

I have tried a variety of troubleshooting measures. First I did a clean install of my drivers. The windows troubleshoot tool returns "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device Detected or resource (DNS server) is not responding." When I examine the connection, it says that Ipv4 is connected but Ipv6 is not, so I tried all these steps: LINK

My university provides a tool for assisted wired connection, and it created these log files: DROPBOX
Using the tool I did all the ipconfig commands that try to refresh DNS and ipv4, and I cleared the TCP IP stack.

Please let me know if there is any more information I can provide, or if this is just out of my hands and something the IT staff here will have to help me with.

Thanks for your time

Solution

I just moved into my dorm and have had some issues with wired connectivity. I have contacted the IT department and had someone look into it, but I thought I would start this thread in case someone with intimate windows knowledge could find the issue.

Whether through ethernet or wifi, my desktop can not get past the authenticate step. On wifi, this means connected with no internet. On wired, I have entry level access that is allowed to register, but I can not complete the registration and I get disconnected from a DNS timeout (Event 1014) after multiple failures to connect to DNS servers (Event 8007).

I have tried a variety of troubleshooting measures. First I did a clean install of my...

kanewolf

Titan

I have tried a variety of troubleshooting measures. First I did a clean install of my drivers. The windows troubleshoot tool returns "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device Detected or resource (DNS server) is not responding." When I examine the connection, it says that Ipv4 is connected but Ipv6 is not, so I tried all these steps: LINK

My university provides a tool for assisted wired connection, and it created these log files: DROPBOX
Using the tool I did all the ipconfig commands that try to refresh DNS and ipv4, and I cleared the TCP IP stack.

Please let me know if there is any more information I can provide, or if this is just out of my hands and something the IT staff here will have to help me with.

Thanks for your time
Have you checked the time on your PC? If it is way off, there can be problems with SSL.
The other thing to test is to get a portable Linux OS on a thumb drive. See if you can connect when booting the Linux OS. That will point to an OS problem of some kind.

Solution