Wired Connection says No internet access.

Jacksaris

Honorable
Jan 29, 2015
Hi

I have recently built a new computer. I have been playing games on it and watching things on youtube, but now and again i loose all connection to my internet. At first i thought that it was just my computer but its the actual router beacuse once it happens no one in the house can get on the internet.

I am using a wired connection but as my computer is upstairs and my router being downstairs i have bought a TP-Link to connect the computer through the mains. i am getting good speeds but like i stated before i have the little triangle with an ! in it over my internet and it says "No Internet Access"

No my router is an old sky one, i know that they have introduced a newer model. when using my old laptop over the WIFI i very rarely exsperienced this, if i had to put a time scale on it, it would of been once every 3 months maybe, now im lucky if i go a day without seeing it.

i have recently had the worst of it. normally turning the router off at the switch and leaving it for 20 seconds and resetting my computer will fix this but today it didnt. I turned off my TP-Link and the switch and the router and my computer and left them all for 5 mins. this has seemed to fix it but i have yet to test with somthing that will take up alot of bandwidth.

My router is not in the main phone socket but and extention. it is imposible for my router to be plugged into the main phone socket as there is no mains near so the router couldnt be powered. as i stated before i think that it is something to do with my computer. i have been using the internet alot recently for long periods of time and im now trying to download a 60GB game which will require 10hours of download at 1.5MBs (thats what the game says anyway)

Any advice would be helpful. i am going to contact sky my internet provider and see if first i can get fiber optic and second if i can get a new router.

Im unsure if i need drivers for my interent.

thanks

jack

TRENDING THREADS