Suddenly over the last 5 days, I've been getting randomly disconnected from the internet with seemingly no reason. I've always been on an ethernet cable connection, and the router I'm using is a Netgear Nighthawk R7000. The only change I can think of that might have prompted this is me changing the primary and alternate DNS addresses on another PC on our network. Here are the changes/fixes I've attempted since then to get this to stop happening:
- Reverted said DNS changes on the other PC.
- Flushing the DNS through the command prompt on both PCs.
- Restarted the router.
- Restarted all PCs on the network.
- Disabled the power saving options on the router, through the device manager.
- Changed the DNS addresses on my current PC through the device manager.
- Swapped the ethernet cable itself with a different one.
- Updated my router drivers.
- Changed the port the cable is plugged in to on the router.
- Exited every background process I can think of.