Question Wired ethernet -- HP Desktop loses network connection

Sep 11, 2019
HP workstation worked fine for couple of years and then a couple of weekends ago connection to workstation fails and like a domino effect, the other devices connected to the same netgear 8-port gig switch lost connection.(This has happened in the past with different hp compaq sff models as well, but I need to try to fix this one.)

I tried to install nic card but that didn't solve the problem. Wanted to know if someone else has been through this problem and can help solve what needs to be replaced.

Win10, HP Compaq 6200 Pro sff

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019
At this time, it does not appear to be the problem but of course it may turn out to be the culprit. I had a clone of the original drive and put it into another hp workstation and setup identical net settings and connected it to the same switch and it has been running okay for the past 2 days. But it may take a week or so before this glitch comes back so I am not 100% sure it is fixed by swapping out another workstation. Is there an app I can run on the original workstation that you know of that could really test the network related items in the "bad" workstation to see if there are any problems that may cause a problem like this? Thanks for any help you can offer.