Wired Network Adapter seems to not be working, cannot figure it out! Please halp!

cwb50

Reputable
May 22, 2014
So my gaming PC is hooked up directly to my router. My internet package is 100 Mbps down, 5 Mbps up. My rig typically gets that or better. However recently it has been getting about a forth of that on speedof.me

So I've done some troubleshooting. I've done all the basics like resetting, unplugging, new cords etc. Then I was like, well maybe my router is bad. So I pull out my crap laptop and it gets better speed on the 5G wi-fi. So I thought maybe something was wrong with the ethernet ports, hook up laptop and it gets the speeds I pay for.

Okay, obvious the issue is my rig right?

So I start looking into wired network adapters cause feels like mine is failing, but then people told me if it was failing I wouldn't be getting 20-30 Mbps download. So next I completely uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers, no fix. Try different ports, no fix. Update a ton of motherboard drivers and whatnot, no fix. I checked my network settings and my Ethernet is enabled for a speed of 1 Gbps... So nothing to do there.

I'm out of ideas, I've tried to self-troubleshoot my best. Charter even came out and friggin replaced stuff. Any ideas? Could it just be that my network card is bad?

Here are my pcparts if needed: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/caleb50/saved/YLVD4D

cwb50

Reputable
May 22, 2014

Ah my bad. I don't have that NIC yet. That's just the one I am going to buy if none of this works. I plugged into mobo.