Wired xbox360 controller wont work on Win10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imLou

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015
Hi folks,

I trying to use wired xbox360 controller on Win10 without success. Win10 automatically install lasted driver to controller when i plug it– but doesn't work properly after all– Anyone else had same issue and knows how to fix?

Solution
Could you check that it is installed with a driver in device manager? Check by doing this: Right click the windows start button in the left bottom corner > Device Manager > Look for the controller, or Unkown Device.

Connect your controller on Windows 10

Follow these steps to install your Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10:

Plug the Xbox 360 wired controller into any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the computer.
    Windows 10 will automatically install drivers for your controller. Once you see the pop-up notification that the drivers have been installed, you can use your controller.
    Open a game or the Xbox app and test your controller by pressing a button, pulling a trigger, or moving a stick on the controller.

Notes...

GamingInsider

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2015
Could you check that it is installed with a driver in device manager? Check by doing this: Right click the windows start button in the left bottom corner > Device Manager > Look for the controller, or Unkown Device.

Connect your controller on Windows 10

Follow these steps to install your Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10:

Plug the Xbox 360 wired controller into any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the computer.
    Windows 10 will automatically install drivers for your controller. Once you see the pop-up notification that the drivers have been installed, you can use your controller.
    Open a game or the Xbox app and test your controller by pressing a button, pulling a trigger, or moving a stick on the controller.

Notes

• If your Xbox 360 wired controller is not detected by your PC, try plugging it into a different USB port, and then test it again.
    If your controller still does not work, check that Windows 10 is fully updated. Install any updates and then try again.
    Refer to your game documentation for information about how to configure the Xbox 360 controller for a specific game.
    Drivers for Xbox controllers are included with Windows 10, so you won't have to download or install software othr than Windows 10 updates.
If you experience problems or have questions, contact Xbox Support.

Solution

imLou

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015

I followed original instructions and Microsoft said it isn't necessary. But i'd tried latest version app to win7 64bits and doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.