G

hi there, i hope some off you could help me.

I want to connect 2 PC to each other.
The problem is that there is 500 Meter between the computers.
I don't want to use the phone-line because i need a 12 hour connection pro day. (way to expensive)

I am looking for a wireless connection (95% outside).

What can i use to make this happen? (and what is the price)

Greetinx joris

SSSF

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<A HREF="http://www.wirelesslan.com" target="_new">Wireless Lan.com</A> provides soe nice information on wireless LAN. But according to what I know, I rarely see any wireless LAN that stretches 500m. Sorry [forwn]

Smart guys are not smart; they only see things in different perspective.
1st <b>member</b>!

G

500M/12Hr!forget cheap wireless solutions.If these PCs have a connection to the internet it will be very easy to connect these together,if not either get a ppp leased line or PUT them on DSL/Cable.

|SeNtInAl|

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Maybe he (she?) wants to have more scalability in terms of like... getting laptop to his (her?) nearest public park and watch his (her?) kids play?

Smart guys are not smart; they only see things in different perspective.
1st <b>member</b>!

G

I did some pretty extensive testing of 802.11b and WiFi compiant equipment and 500m shouldn't be a problem if you have line-of-sight. If they are WiFi compliant devices, you will get actual thruputs in the 7-8 Mbps range and products from various vendors work well together. I even had Dell laptops connected to Apple AirPorts! Lucent's Orinoco line seemed to be the most robust and well developed, (if the price tag doesn't kill you!)
Have fun!