[SOLVED] Wireless 4G USB modem recommendations?

baconburgers

Reputable
Aug 22, 2017
Does anyone have any recommendations on a good 4G modem (about $40-$50 maximum, U.S. sellers preferredthat can plugs into a USB 3.0 port on my desktop? I can't seem to find any that are made by any companies that I've actually heard of. They all look like generic USB modems that I don't have much confidence in buying and trying out. Either that or they're modems sold by ISP companies I don't have an account with, so they're probably not going to be of much help. Any good ones out there for and where can I buy one within the U.S.? (Online preferred.) I'm getting paid this Friday and I'd like to get on it as soon as possible.

Solution
You are going to have to be more clear what you plan to do.

What is confusing is your talking about having a router. A USB 4g modem directly talks to a cell tower.

A 4G modem is actually very tricky to get to work. It would be nice if all equipment worked on all systems. There are technical limitations based on things like radio frequencies supported. You also have many other non technical things like devices locked to certain carriers as well as carriers that only will activate certain devices even though other models technically could work.

Unless you really know what you are doing you need to contact the ISP or read their web site to see what devices they recommend/support.

Now if you are looking to somehow connect to your...

kanewolf

Titan
Does anyone have any recommendations on a good 4G modem (about $40-$50 maximum, U.S. sellers preferredthat can plugs into a USB 3.0 port on my desktop? I can't seem to find any that are made by any companies that I've actually heard of. They all look like generic USB modems that I don't have much confidence in buying and trying out. Either that or they're modems sold by ISP companies I don't have an account with, so they're probably not going to be of much help. Any good ones out there for and where can I buy one within the U.S.? (Online preferred.) I'm getting paid this Friday and I'd like to get on it as soon as possible.
Does your wireless carrier not offer a USB modem ?

You are going to have to be more clear what you plan to do.

What is confusing is your talking about having a router. A USB 4g modem directly talks to a cell tower.

A 4G modem is actually very tricky to get to work. It would be nice if all equipment worked on all systems. There are technical limitations based on things like radio frequencies supported. You also have many other non technical things like devices locked to certain carriers as well as carriers that only will activate certain devices even though other models technically could work.

Unless you really know what you are doing you need to contact the ISP or read their web site to see what devices they recommend/support.

Now if you are looking to somehow connect to your router that is a completely different device

Solution