Question Wireless 6E compatibility

sailorjeff

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2013
Not sure if this would be right place but here goes. I have a 2.4/5ghz wireless modem on a 40mps fiber network. I am tired of paying for DISH and switching to Hulu. I need a wireless TV to do this in my bedroom. I see lots of TV's that advertise Wireless 6E. Is this compatible (backwards) with a 2.4/5ghz wireless router. Theoretically I should have plenty of bandwidth for at least 2 TV's on my setup....but will the 6E wireless on the new TV work on my old router.

kanewolf

Titan
Not sure if this would be right place but here goes. I have a 2.4/5ghz wireless modem on a 40mps fiber network. I am tired of paying for DISH and switching to Hulu. I need a wireless TV to do this in my bedroom. I see lots of TV's that advertise Wireless 6E. Is this compatible (backwards) with a 2.4/5ghz wireless router. Theoretically I should have plenty of bandwidth for at least 2 TV's on my setup....but will the 6E wireless on the new TV work on my old router.
Yes, WIFI 6E is backward compatible with 2.4 and 5Ghz WIFI. If you have two different SSID for your 2.4 and 5Ghz you want to use the 5Ghz for TVs.

They would have a hard job selling the tv if it didn't.
In general the newer technology is compatible with the older stuff. The radio chips themselves now tend to be able to run at 2.4, 5 and 6. It is the older tv that say only run on 2.4 that could be a problem