Wireless Adapter continually shuts itself off ( Please Read )

RHJason

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Im at the end of my wits here on this one.

I use a wireless adapter to connect to my router/modem, and a wired connection is not a option.

My wireless adapter at random times shuts itself down, LED goes off, and until I remove it from the USB and plug it back in, does not function.

I will provide all the information I can think of.

- This is the third wireless adapter I have tried, all have had the same problems.
- Router firmware is up to date.
- All wireless adapter drivers have been up to date.
- OS is W7 64 bit.
- W7 is up to date.
- I have disabled minimum power consumption on all the adapters I have tried.
- I have disabled the power off function both on the adapter, and on the USB Root hubs.
- I have a strong signal to the router ( 4 to 5 bars constant )
- It does this regardless of what wireless network I connect to ( have tried both neighbors unprotected network and my network on all cards )
- When it powers off, my computer hangs for a split second, noted by mouse cursor hanging in a position for a split second, followed by me cussing profusely.
- PSU is sufficient.
- Bios is up to date.
- I Just ( now before posting this ) changed my channel on my router from auto to 11, in hopes that may make some change. We will see.

This problem started happening approximately 2 weeks after a processor upgrade, but no changes were made in that 2 weeks that would have resulted in any system instability. The processor is working perfect and completely compatible with my tower.

As im no tech genius, Im sure I left out some relevant info to get out of the way, so please ask away.

I play online games that REQUIRE a stable connection, even if not a fast one, and am out of google searches and ideas to try.

The adapter I am currently using is a Cisco Linksys AE1200.

Thank you, thank you, thank you if you can help me fix my problem.

TRENDING THREADS