[SOLVED] Wireless adapter disabled and won't restart

WeirdoWithaCello

Commendable
Mar 29, 2017
I have a custom-built desktop running Windows 10 (hardware and specs below). I use a Linksys USB wireless-adapter for internet, as I can't run a cord to the router. A few times a day, it will lose connectivity; wifi will show as connected, but with no internet, and I'll have to turn wi-fi off and on again to restore connectivity; or the internet-tab in the taskbar will become frozen or non-responsive, and I'll have to unplug and plug in the adapter to restore connectivity; etc. Though I probably should have made a post about these as they happened, I elected to trudge on and deal with it.

Now, however, I had an incident where the adapter all-of-a-sudden turned off (no indicator-lights on the device, which was a first), and would not be recognized by the desktop in any usb port (it was recognized by my laptop, and did light up). After calling Linksys tech support, I tried restarting the computer. However, it remained in the pre-shutdown restart state for about three minutes (which is a first) before I elected to hard-shut it. Now, it's working normally, and the adapter is getting internet. However, I am looking to solve whatever may have caused these incidents to prevent them form reoccurring, or getting worse.

Specs and hardware to follow:

Wireless adapter: Linkys WUSB6300
Motherboard: Asus - Z10PE-D16 WS SSI EEB Dual-CPU LGA2011-3
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2640 v3 @2.60GHZ (x2)
RAM: DDR4 64GB
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti

If you need any more information, please don't hesitate to ask.

The USB adapter is probably starting to die. I had that exact model and I couldn't connect over the 5G connection even though it had full bars of signal. It would connect and then lose the connection. On the 2.4GHz connection while I was connected at 300mbps I could only get 15mbps download speeds. I changed to a PCIe adapter and haven't had an issue since.

The USB adapter is probably starting to die. I had that exact model and I couldn't connect over the 5G connection even though it had full bars of signal. It would connect and then lose the connection. On the 2.4GHz connection while I was connected at 300mbps I could only get 15mbps download speeds. I changed to a PCIe adapter and haven't had an issue since.

Sep 7, 2019
Thanks for sharing such kind of great info about wifi network access.

If you are a gamer and want to play a game in your pc then you must be bought PCI express card for your best networking speed with a stablished network in case of your break signal. In this card, you got the best networking speed without any signal fluctuation.

My best suggestion is to use the best PCI e wifi card only.

Apr 16, 2019
If you are one of game lover and want to spends your enjoyment time with playing best game application on your pc or laptop then you are at the right place. Here we are introducing best wifi card for gaming. What is wifi card and how its helps to playing game on pc. Wifi card for pc is attached with pci wifi card with your desktop and helps to maintaining network with your pc. If you need to want to play online game then good internet speed is necessary for this action and wifi card plays important role for your gaming and entertainment. Thanks for wifi card: https://thetechyboss.com/best-pci-wireless-adapter/

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS