Question Wireless adapter disconnecting

capitalistspz

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
I got a new PC today and my wireless adapter (Realtek RTL8192EE PCI-E) stops working sometimes.

By stopping working I mean:
- No connections are shown in the WiFi list

It might be caused by trying to connect to the PC using remote desktop applications (I've tried Teamviewer, Anydesk and UltraVNC).

I only believe it to be like this because:
  • of leaving computer on for 50 mins, and the wireless adapter remained functional
  • when I connected with remote desktop after this, it disconnected within a few seconds
To temporarily fix this:
  • I just reinstall the drivers and everything starts working until the next time that I'm disconnected (Always works)
  • I use the Windows troubleshooter (Sometimes works)

Sure I could repeatedly reinstall the drivers, but that defeats the purpose of me using remote desktop

Specs:
CPU: Athlon 3000G
Motherboard: ASUS Prme A320M-K
RAM: 16GB-2400MHz (8GB-2400MHz + 8GB-2666MHz)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008-2FR102 2TB

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? You should ideally be on version 21H1 for the OS if you're working with Windows 10. We would also be asking where you sourced the installer for the OS to rule out any corruptions in your OS installation. As for drivers, where did you source said drivers for your adapter from?

capitalistspz

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? You should ideally be on version 21H1 for the OS if you're working with Windows 10. We would also be asking where you sourced the installer for the OS to rule out any corruptions in your OS installation. As for drivers, where did you source said drivers for your adapter from?
I'm on Windows 10.0.19042.1081, the computer is a prebuilt so windows was already installed and activated.

To reinstall the drivers, I just go to device manager press update and pick the driver

There are 2 options that show up one with Microsoft and one with Realtek written.
I haven't seen any difference, I just pick one at random and the drivers start working again.