Cardboard

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Please allow me to go ahead and apologize if this topic ends up being a waste of space. I made an effort to look through the problems people have had before and tried a few solutions (all of which I will attempt to list in this post) but to no avail.

My DWA-552 PCI Adapter cannot seem to find any networks. I had purchased this item nearly a year ago and never had problems with it before. This all started when I began receiving short periods of lag and "low-bar" connection strength. The problem ranged from low strength to being completely disconnected (having my computer automatically and successfully reconnect shortly after).

In order to attempt to solve this issue, I tried updating the drivers. When that didn't work, I went on to uninstall the driver completely and install a driver for the same software off of the D-Link website. This only seemed to make the problem worse. Now we finally reach the present. My adapter can no longer find any networks at all.

Here are my Specifications:
Motherboard: P7P55D Deluxe
Adapter Model: DWA-552
Router Model: Linksys WRT320N
Operating System: Windows 7

Here are a few things I've tried:
*Full Factory Reset on Router
*Reinstalling Drivers
*Restarting WLAN Autoconfiguration Service
*Reinstalling Drivers using the "in-box" install disk. (The exact method I used to install my card when I first bought it and had no issues.)
*Run a Windows 7 Diagnostic. The OS detected something wrong with my drivers:
"There might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter"

None of the things I did seemed to work. I'm about ready to lose patience and drill a hole through two floors of my house just to set up a hardwired connection but I really don't want to let all the money I put into this card go to waste. Is there any other way I can get this card working?

Cardboard

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Heh that's too bad. I guess I could try testing it out on a free OS but I figured it wasn't an issue with the operating system since the card has been working with W7 ever since I got it. The problem suddenly started occurring without warning so according to your take on it, I'd have to conclude that the adapter's done.

I'll give it another few days to see if anyone has any other responses. My hope is that somebody's come across this situation before and has been able to fix it.

One thing that I did forget to add and probably should have is that when using Windows to "Diagnose" the problem, it detected there being something wrong with the driver for my wireless adapter.

"There might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter"

Hopefully that helps. If not I guess I'll get my power tools and humongous ethernet cable ready.