Question Wireless adapter keeps needing to be reset by Windows Troubleshooting. How do I fix this?

Feb 17, 2019
For context, about 2 months ago I recently built a PC by myself and now I'm running into an issue with the wireless adapter. Randomly for no apparent reason I lose internet access but remained connected to my router. My PC is the only device on the network which loses access so the problem isn't the router. The error I see in the troubleshooter is "The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem is broken."

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Motherboard: Aorus B360 Gaming 3 Wifi
PSU: EVGA 500W 80 Plus
Wireless Adapter: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560

This probably isn't everything needed to diagnose the problem but I don't necessarily know what to post so just ask if I missed anything. I also didn't want to post my IP settings in case I accidentally revealed something so if/when you ask for that please be specific in what is required. Thanks in advance.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
You can use a wifi scanner and see who in your neighbor hood is using wifi around you, it will show you what channels they are using and what band. Maybe you can change the wifi channel to a less used channel on your router to avoid overlap from your neighbors.

Feb 17, 2019
Does anybody else use the wifi on their phone, t.v. including you in the house?
Yes. I use the wifi, as well as my two siblings and mom, but that has never caused any issues before. My computer was working perfectly fine for about 2 months before this started to happen and there has been the same amount of people on the network this whole time.