Wireless adapter not showing up on device manager. PLEASE HELP NOTHING WORKS!

Nov 10, 2018
I currently am using a Rosewill AC1900PCE adapter and a ROG Strix x470-f gaming motherboard for my first built rig. I have attempted to install the driver software but states that there is no wireless adapter currently installed. I checked device manager and as expected it is not showing. I check the light on the adapter and it is indeed on. So I go into the ROG UEFI Bios setup and find nothing to be able to turn on the adapter or such. Someone please help. This is the last thing I have to troubleshoot and nobody has an answer to fix.

Nov 10, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from watchersgrim : "Wireless adapter not showing up on device manager. PLEASE HELP NOTHING WORKS!"

I currently am using a Rosewill AC1900PCE adapter and a ROG Strix x470-f gaming motherboard for my first built rig. I have attempted to install the driver software but states that there is no wireless adapter currently installed. I checked device manager and as expected it is not showing. I check the light on the adapter and it is indeed on. So I go into the ROG UEFI Bios setup and find nothing to be able to turn on the adapter or such. Someone please help. This is the last thing I have to troubleshoot and nobody has an answer to fix.

Nov 10, 2018

Currently not at home but will check later. I know its the 2nd farthest slot to the right. Can't remember the number at the moment. The only other thing is my gpu is in the first slot but I believe that has nothing to do with it.

I did see something in my system about the m.2 slots and the PCIe slots. I dont think my M.2 500gb being in the 2nd m.2 slot would be an issue.

Nov 10, 2018

I believe I have updated all chipset drivers when I first installed windows 10 on my system.

There MIGHT be a small conflict between your M2 unit and the wireless card. In your manual p. 1-18, it mentions a restriction on the M2_2 socket IF you also have something plugged into the PCIeX1_1 or the PCIeX1_3 slot. From my reading of this note it may NOT be your problem, but you could try moving the card to another PCIeX1 slot - you have three to work with.

Vic 40

Titan
Herald

Looked at the same,

You could try the lowest pciex16 slot as well.

Nov 10, 2018

I could or would it be better to move the M.2 to M.2_1???

Vic 40

Titan
Herald
Guess that you chose the easy one,since that top one is covered. It would have been my choice anyway. Unless you have a very cool looking M.2 ssd is it imo worth to cover up and the cover might give some extra cooling too.

Nov 10, 2018
Thank you all for helping me out with this situation. So the answer was to change the M.2_2 to M.2_1. After switching it, it detected the devices and I was able to use the rosewill driver setup that I got online to finally make it all work. Thank you Vic 40, paperdoc, rgd1101, and Peter Martin with helping me with this situation!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS