[SOLVED] wireless adapter

Solution
I believe an adapter like that - really a transceiver for a particular accessory - needs only a device driver already built into Windows. When you plug it in with the mouse unit turned on, Windows should detect the presence of a new device and install the driver for you.

There IS another issue I don't know about for sure, though. How does this device recognize the particular mouse you already have? (I presumed from your post it does NOT come with a matching mouse.) We have a couple of those things in use with a computer - one each for a wireless keyboard and a smaller wireless remote that is really a mini-keyboard. Each transceiver came with its device, and each works only with the unit it came with as far as I know.

kanewolf

Titan

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I believe an adapter like that - really a transceiver for a particular accessory - needs only a device driver already built into Windows. When you plug it in with the mouse unit turned on, Windows should detect the presence of a new device and install the driver for you.

There IS another issue I don't know about for sure, though. How does this device recognize the particular mouse you already have? (I presumed from your post it does NOT come with a matching mouse.) We have a couple of those things in use with a computer - one each for a wireless keyboard and a smaller wireless remote that is really a mini-keyboard. Each transceiver came with its device, and each works only with the unit it came with as far as I know.

Solution