wireless and ftp

I'm not sure this is the right forum or not, but I start
my search for answer here.
I administer a FTP W2K server, using the standard MS
system for our customers. Because of the filewalls and
security settings users must disable "passive" transfer
mode for entry.
The problem is this..a customer was unable to gain entry
into the system and see his folder (although ftp replies
and log indicated he was in). When testing this user's
entry data using other machines (Win and MAC) we were able
to get in without any problems and everything worked as
advertised.
The only thing different for this user was he was using a
wireless system. Could this contributed to his inability
to get in ?

Can your customer see any folders when using the FTP command line client?
Check the 'Enable Folder view for FTP sites' option from the Advanced tab under Internet Options
Also, try checking the 'Use Passive FTP' option to see if that works.

--
Sergio Moreno
Microsoft Windows Networking

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.