wireless and hotmail account

Vlad

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2001

Hi,

I have a d-link dsl router. The main computer that administer the router can
access my hotmail account, the other with wireless connection can surf the
internet but i cannot log in the hotmail account or yahoo. I suspect my be
involved the https requirement. The router had the own dhcp / ip /dns
dynamic. The wierd thing is the dns has the same address with the default
gateway.
Can someone help me please?
I do appreciate.

Vlad

Vlad,

Try setting your DNS Entries on the wireless machine to match your dns
settings to that of your ISP.

"Vlad" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a d-link dsl router. The main computer that administer the router can
> access my hotmail account, the other with wireless connection can surf the
> internet but i cannot log in the hotmail account or yahoo. I suspect my be
> involved the https requirement. The router had the own dhcp / ip /dns
> dynamic. The wierd thing is the dns has the same address with the default
> gateway.
> Can someone help me please?
> I do appreciate.
>
> Vlad

Vlad

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2001

Hi Kory,

Thank you for taking the time to answer me.
I believe that are the same dynamically assigned, i've looked up in the
advanced proprieties of the wirelles connection and is the same with the one
in the router.
If you have any else ideea, i would appreciate it. Should i do a manual
configuration of the ip & dns?

Thank you.