Question Wireless and keyboard problems

Ahmed Hussein 12

Honorable
Sep 28, 2014
Hello,
I had a problem with lCD cable in my laptop Lenovo g510, it was blinking so bad so I had to replace it, which was successful but it came at a price.
The tiny pin of the connector that fixes the keyboard cable was broken, I tried to fix it with a tape but only some buttons type and when I try something else only other buttons type or none at all.
After I logged in, I found that there is no wireless connection, as if I don't even have one! I checked the wireless adapter and the two cables but they were attached properly!
Any help would be greatly appreciated! (I know I can use an external keyboard)

P.S. The cause of the main problem is that the left hinge is not connected to the broken bottom housing anymore. So when I open or close the lid, the left hinge (with Kensington lock) remains the same, and it presses everything on its way, and that damaged the lCD cable.

Thanks in advance
IMG-20190524-114913.jpg
IMG-20190524-114432.jpg
IMG-20190524-114340.jpg
IMG-20190524-114358.jpg
IMG-20190524-114626.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Instead of just replacing the LCD display ribbon cable, I'd have asked you to change the shell of your laptop since this problem will recur over time. The matter about your wireless card, you might want to disconnect it from the laptop and reseat it. See if that changes your experience. On another note, have you made sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop's motherboard?

Pertaining to your keyboard, you're most likely going to have to replace the motherboard for that broken pin(if you broke the contact at the board side and not the keyboard side) or use a USB driven keyboard in the interim period.

Reactions: Ahmed Hussein 12

Ahmed Hussein 12

Honorable
Sep 28, 2014
Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, you're right. I thought a lot about this because this main problem will recur, right now I just don't close the lid :S I'll search for the shell maybe it fixes the problem.
Regarding the wireless connection, it was fixed properly, but I checked it again and somehow it worked!!
I was able to fix the keyboard cable using a tiny piece of plastic (I didn't break the pin on the board side)!