Wireless AP and Bridge

May 23, 2018
Currently I am using an outdoor antenna to grab an open wifi network and then using Windows connection sharing to share it with my Ethernet connection which goes into the router and broadcasts our network into the house. I am getting ready to move into a tiny home which run off of solar panels, and this open will no longer be feasible because the PC uses a lot of power. Initially I was going to buy an Airport Express but that will not work since the PC still has to be on. Is there a bridge that allows for a direct connection to a USB antenna, or perhaps an all in one solution that is weatherproof that I can put outside?

Thank you.

May 23, 2018

The power would come from an outlet.

So it would be outside, and then an ethernet cable would be plugged into the router?

Thanks guys.

kanewolf

Titan

You can connect it to the WAN port of your existing router, or it has a built-in router function and you could use that.

May 23, 2018

Could you explain a little more how that would work? Perhaps you have some photos or a video?

Thank you.

kanewolf

Titan
There are youtube videos on setting up the Engenius ENS202 that I linked.

I don't understand your question about "how that would work". The remote WIFI signal is treated as the internet by your current primary ethernet router. The Engenius is setup in bridge mode to convert WIFI to ethernet.