Wireless Bluetooth speakers for audio book use

box o rocks

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
I have been researching wireless Bluetooth speakers for my iPhone to listen to, among other things, audio books. I've read that those speakers tend to go quiet when there's a pause in speech thereby losing part the narration when they start up again. For streamed music however, they seem to work fine. I've also been informed that this happens due to the designers' desire to extend battery life by shutting down when there's no signal. Can anyone confirm this for me? And can anyone recommend ones that don't have this issue? Preferably not $100+ speakers.

It takes a really long pause for them to time out and go to sleep mode, unless you have a pause that is more than a few seconds there should be no issues. I have used them while switching videos which would be way longer than any pause you would get in an audio book.

I like the Anker Soundcore ones for low cost ones. If you need something that will fill a room better then Cambridge SoundWorks OontZ are good, for even better then the UE stuff but that is on the higher price range, I have one of the megaboom ones and like them https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TXBOWVA/ref=psdc_689637011_t2_B014M8ZO8S is a good deal for under 100.