wireless card install problem

mark

I got the Linksys WMP54G wireless PCI network card and
after the installing it, XP didn't find it to start the
New Hardware Wizard. I've tried adding a new device
manually and it won't locate it and it isn't contained in
the "choose from list". I've added a PCI graphics card
and a 4 port USB card recently, so I don't think it's a
problem with the PCI slots. Any suggestions??

null

Mark wrote:

> I got the Linksys WMP54G wireless PCI network card and
> after the installing it, XP didn't find it to start the
> New Hardware Wizard. I've tried adding a new device
> manually and it won't locate it and it isn't contained in
> the "choose from list". I've added a PCI graphics card
> and a 4 port USB card recently, so I don't think it's a
> problem with the PCI slots. Any suggestions??

Did the wireless card come with a CD for installing drivers?

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.

The card came with a CD with drivers but it doesn't seem
to want to load properly. I thought it might be a bad CD
so I tried to download drivers directly from Linksys. The
card then showed up in the "Devices" listing but with the
caution symbol, it still wouldn't work.

Registry and
>data files regularly, and especially before making any
changes to their
>PC, as well as performing regular virus and spyware
scans. I am not
>liable for problems or mishaps that occur from the reader
using advice
>posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given
with the posting
>of this message.
>
>.

Does the 'canot install' message include 'data unknown'? If so, the
problem is with permissions; see:
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Tips.htm#probleminst

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:42:19 -0700,

>The card came with a CD with drivers but it doesn't seem
>to want to load properly. I thought it might be a bad CD
>so I tried to download drivers directly from Linksys. The
>card then showed up in the "Devices" listing but with the
>caution symbol, it still wouldn't work.

Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond.
Retired to Cyberspace from Green Valley, AZ.