Question Wireless connected no internet please read

Nov 17, 2019
Hello,
I know that I could find so many posts all over the internet about this subject however non fit my issue.

I am having interment-ed issues with connected but no internet on my wireless devices. (phones, tablets, fire sticks, smart tvs and other smart devices)
I do not have issues with WIRED devices!!
I have done the following to trouble shoot.
  1. Reboot, Factory Reset, Changed Channels ect on my Default Cable Modem with WIFI.
  2. Purchased a top of the line WIFI router, turning off the Cable Modem WIFI
  3. I setup a WIFI extender
  4. I setup an AP
All with the same results. What am I doing wrong? I did not have this issue for years then suddenly POOF
The only thing I can think of is I have some kind of interference that has moved into the area.
NOTE: I am in a very rural area

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your wireless router? Often times it's an indication of a wireless router failing or on it's way out. On other circumstances it can be possible that your neighbor or other appliances in your house are conflicting.

Have you checked to see if a firmware update is pending for your router?

Nov 17, 2019
The strange thing is that my s9 may work just fine atm, BUT my Samsung Tablet is getting no internet on the same WIFI connection. Then my S9 may show no internet but the Tablet is just fine. This happens across many devices in the house.
Its not that I have too many devices, its not that I have no IPs available in the DHCP

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
You still havent told us about your setup. Make and model of it all would be nice.

There's a cable entering your home, copper or fiber, which goes into a modem. Are you using that as a router?

Nov 17, 2019
Hardware Information
System:ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Touchstone Residential Gateway
HW_REV: 6
VENDOR: ARRIS Group, Inc.
BOOTR: 4.2.0.45
SW_REV: 9.1.103ASM3
MODEL: DG2470A
Serial Number:75K2SY9AD600888
Options:
Firmware Build and Revisions
Firmware Name:TS0901103ASM3_122016_24XX.GW
Firmware Build Time:Tue Dec 20 10:15:45 EST 2016
eSAFE 0 FW Revision:TS0901103ASM3_122016_ARRIS_GW

Its Fiber at the pole and coax into the modem.

The other modem I tested was a Nighthawk, I set it up as an AP and disabled the Arris wifi modules.