Wireless connection from PC to Mac

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I am trying to connect to an existing Macintosh wireless network through an Apple Airport Pro. It says its connected but isnt recieving the IP through dhcp, son cant access printers, internet, etc. anyone have a solution??
thanks

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

quick addition here... the computer is a HP Pavillion with
integrated 802.11g wireless.

No solution except that I think you will need special software
to be able to see/read/run MAC apps., files, shortcuts, etc.
Unless, I think, unless you run under Windows 2000 Advanced
Servers.

MAC users can see Windows files.

"rick" <rick@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> quick addition here... the computer is a HP Pavillion with
> integrated 802.11g wireless.

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

The Computer has Win XP Home.. the problem isnt just not being able to see other files/run mac apps. the problem is that i am not recieving an IP address from the wireless hub. It works fine plugged into the wire on the same network. just not wireless.

"Natéag" wrote:

> No solution except that I think you will need special software
> to be able to see/read/run MAC apps., files, shortcuts, etc.
> Unless, I think, unless you run under Windows 2000 Advanced
> Servers.
>
> MAC users can see Windows files.
>

> "rick" <rick@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> > quick addition here... the computer is a HP Pavillion with
> > integrated 802.11g wireless.

jeff

I have seen Windows machines have trouble like this when connecting to an
unsecure Airport basestation. If you put a password on the airport
basestation, you will need the "network equivalent password" to connect a
windows client to an airport basestation. The password is found using the
Airport Admin software.

If that is not the issue, make sure 802.11x authentication is off on the
windows client and the airport is not set to filter out clients (such as MAC
address filtering.)

"rick" <rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The Computer has Win XP Home.. the problem isnt just not being able to see
> other files/run mac apps. the problem is that i am not recieving an IP
> address from the wireless hub. It works fine plugged into the wire on the
> same network. just not wireless.
>
> "Natéag" wrote:
>
>> No solution except that I think you will need special software
>> to be able to see/read/run MAC apps., files, shortcuts, etc.
>> Unless, I think, unless you run under Windows 2000 Advanced
>> Servers.
>>
>> MAC users can see Windows files.
>>

>> "rick" <rick@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
>> > quick addition here... the computer is a HP Pavillion with
>> > integrated 802.11g wireless.

Rick...I just posted a similar question under Airport Express Setup. My HP
Pavilion ze4600 saw the network and identified it correctly and stated that
the connection was "Excellent"...but I could not connect to the Internet....I
spent over an hour with Apple tech support...They concluded the HP wireless
card was not compatible...?