Question Wireless Connection Issues STUMPED

mattinla

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
Hi, I am having connection issues between my Netgear wireless Adapter WNDA3100V3 and my Netgear Router WNR1000v5. Here's the deal: A wired connection through SPECTRUM my ISP is flawless at 70/5.5 mbps and is ALWAYS THERE. If I switch to my Netgear Adapter, performance is miserable. I looked at my local SSID's (there are like 75+ at all times) in WifiView, played around with channels in my router setup, made no difference. If I PING my router, same results as= I ping any domain like netgear.com on the internet, I get timeouts, host unreachable, or with wildly varying ping times etc. My adapter is GOOD it was tested and sometimes, I can get up to 70/5.5 with it as well COWABUNGA but this is rare. I have the latest drivers for this, I have used various ookla speedtests locally and on the web, I am an advanced user and I am stumped., I can't figure out what the heck it is. Any other utility out there I can use or does somebody have the quick fix for this or explanation.

Last edited:

mitchd123

Honorable
Apr 30, 2014
You make no mention of distance or obstructions. Do they work well together in the same room with line of sight? If they do not, I'd suggest testing an older firmware/driver combo. If the newer stuff isn't working, revert back and see if that has an impact on performance. The code/firmware on wireless devices can be notoriously buggy with good and bad versions.

TRENDING THREADS