Wireless connection issues.

bschott8877

Reputable
Feb 18, 2014
My laptop and the smartphones we have won't stay connected to our router wirelessly. My Xbox which is connected via ethernet cable will stay connected and never seems to have any lag related issues. This is a problem as I need my laptop to sustain a continuous connection for what I use it for or I get booted from whatever I'm doing. I'm far from networking savvy. I have a Toshiba laptop, and 2 motorola droid phones on the network. My internet provider is Windstream and they provided the wireless router. I'm in the same room as the router and have full signal with all my devices. They just all drop the signal at the same time. Unplugging the router for a few seconds restores the connection but only for about 10 minutes. This seems to happen mostly from 4 to midnight which is of course, when we use the internet the most.

Solution
we had this problem in our old house and it the problem was living in a built up area where the air is quite polluted for other low frequencies radiation that would reduce the signal of your wifi, and the strength will depend on each part of the house. Also if you your streetlights are using the new smart lamp, which transmits signals wirelessly, this will interfere with your own wifi signal.

mimilovell

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
we had this problem in our old house and it the problem was living in a built up area where the air is quite polluted for other low frequencies radiation that would reduce the signal of your wifi, and the strength will depend on each part of the house. Also if you your streetlights are using the new smart lamp, which transmits signals wirelessly, this will interfere with your own wifi signal.

Solution