[SOLVED] Wireless connection Issues

Aug 17, 2019
Hey guys! I have some issues and would love some help since I can't figure it out and it's really annoying. I hope I provide you with all the relevant details below and I will explain the situation.

A few weeks ago (meaning it has not always been like this) my internet started getting weird. Basically some websites were slower than others and I didn't think much of it since that can indeed happen for a lot of reasons. I noticed that Twitch.tv started loading extremely slow a few days ago though along with random other websites. However YouTube, Google, Hotmail are working perfectly fine with no issues. I thought it was the networks fault first so I checked the speed though "https://www.speedtest.net/" which barely loaded up at all. It showed I had 180 Mb/s Download speed and 19 Mb/s Upload speed which seemed to be correct for what I should have and no issues in packet loss or anything. So I thought maybe it's my Antivirus software or Adobe Flash or maybe the Web browser. I use Firefox (68.0.2) and I tried on both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer but same issues. I tried updating Adobe Flash however I did have the latest Update. I figured it must be my Antivirus Software which is Bitdefender Internet Security. I contacted their support and I went through an episode with them where we tried turning off the Firewall and certain other things (details can be provided). It worked when I turned off the Firewall so the suggestion from them was to reinstall the software. I did and everything worked fine for a few hours and then it started again, however now when I tried to turn off the Firewall (and everything else) it still won't work so maybe that whole episode was just a lucky brake. Which leaves me here, I have no idea why this is happening or what I need to do.

What I tried however was to open CMD and do a ping -t to certain DNS. I tried:

ping -t 8.8.8.8 (Google) and it works perfectly.
ping -t 203.0.178.191 (iinet.net.au) which had "request timed out" quite occasionally.

I also tried Twitch.tv which had the same issue as iinet.net.au. I understand iinet.net.au is an Australian website so it may be a bit more issues based on that but still. I live in Argentina which is why I say this, more details provided below!

Anyone have any suggestions, tricks, tips or any help of what this is?

Model: ASUS Laptop GL504GV
Router:
Modem:
PC Specs:
System Type: x64
CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H
Version: 10.0.17134
RAM: 16.0 GB
GPU: GeForce RTX 2060
Network Adapter: Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
ISP: IPLAN (Argentina) Wireless
Number of Devices: (4): Asus Laptop, MacBook Pro, Iphone, Samsung Phone.
Router/Modem: We have one device and it's a ZTE one I am not sure about the details, I can however get them if needed.

I apologize I don't know how to see the type of Motherboard I have or those specific details, if it's necessary maybe someone can tell me how?

I get "Connection timed out" on certain websites such as this website actually when I first tried to enter. I have manually (today) changed the IPv4 and IPv6 DNS to Google DNS servers to see if it made any difference, evidently not.

I also tried on my partners laptop (MacBook) and while Twitch.tv was very slow it still worked after a little while. I am not sure if this then is an issue with my ISP or the laptop itself? Please help...

Solution
If a ping to google DNS (8.8.8.8) works reliably but a ping to another entity doesn't that means the problem is with your ISP. You have no control over it.
Aug 17, 2019
Thanks! Yes it seems to have resolved itself to an acceptable level at the moment. I even did a fresh install of Windows but it didn't work. I then reset the router/modem and it seems to have resolved itself, either by the ISP or by the router. But it was not a hardware or software issue (unless it was the router). Just in case someone else has the same issue.